Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Hawthorn Berries


Recently I try to look for herbs or supplements that will help to improve my blood circulation. I have poor blood circulation, even the doctor found it difficult to draw blood from me! They need to inject the syringe 2 time just to get sufficient blood for testing.
Along the way, I found out a new herb that I never heard of, Hawthorn Berries. It is widely used in the western countries to promote the health of the circulatory system, treat angina, high blood pressure, congestive heart failure and cardiac arrhythmia. This indirectly leads to the strengthening of the heart.
I receive this information online and from a GNC store, so I am not responsible for the accurateness of this article. According to medical expert, this herb is one of the safest herb to take. Meaning that the side effects were not common or dangerous.
A lot (and i mean a lot!) of other herbs that we commonly heard have more side effect that this herb. For example, Ginkgo Biloba which is also another herbs that people normally used to increase the blood circulation and improve memory have more side effects compared to this herb. This does not mean Ginkgo is dangerous, it is also safe to consume, it is just in comparison to Hawthorn. :)
Do take note to consult the doctor if you have heart condition before taking this herbs. Besides that, avoid it if colitis or ulcers are present and if you are using Digoxin or Phenylephrine. it is not recommended for children, pregnant lady or those breastfeeding.

No comments:

Post a Comment